You will be required to build rapport quickly, creating positive and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You must have excellent communication skills, and actively enjoy shaping requirements and communicating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders. Be proactive / hard-working / reliable and have an strong analytical approach to problem solving.
- A love of data & highly analytical, enjoys translating complex data into valuable insights.
- Exceptionally strong SQL and or Python / R to analyse large datasets.
- Demonstrable commercial and business acumen – you’re motivated by seeing real world improvements from your insights and modelling.
- Experience with cloud computing ecosystems.
- Exposure to and appreciation of software engineering best practices applied to data
(eg. version control, CI/CD, InfoSec principles)
- Strong programming skills as evidenced by earlier work in data science or software engineering.
- Commercial experience applying ML techniques to drive demonstrable value.
- An excellent command of Python and basic libraries for data science
(e.g. NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn) and familiarity with a deep-learning framework (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe).
- A solid grasp of supervised/unsupervised machine learning, model cross validation, Bayesian inference, time-series analysis, simple NLP or consuming APIs for models.
- Ability to develop new algorithms when an innovative solution is needed is a fundamental skill
- Strong data visualisation skills using BI tool such as Tableau, Quicksight or similar.
- Strong understanding of cloud based data services: including AWS.
- Experience with ETL tools, ideally Pentaho
- Wxperience with a wide range of SQL products ideally MSSQL, Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake and Presto.
Xanda operate out of our North London offices very close to East Finchley tube station on the Northern Line.
£45,000 – £75,000 per annum, negotiable considering skills and experience.