When it comes to digital marketing, the first thing you need to understand is that trends keep changing and as trends change, you also need to keep updating and upgrading your marketing strategy.
The first thing you need to outline while planning your social media strategy is where you want your business or brand to get to. Once you’ve listed down your targets, you now go on to outline what you would need to put in place or achieve to get there.
Xanda has put together the following tips for planning your 2019 social media strategy.
1. Audit Your Previous Social Media Performance
Before you go off and start working on a strategy, it is very important that you gain an understanding of your business’ social performance the previous year, half-year or quarter, depending on when it is you’re making these new plans.
What you should look out for is for posts you made on your social media channels that really generated engagements, drove traffic to your websites or pushed social follows. After you’ve noted down these posts, you should also note down what time you posted them.
Gathering up this information, you can now incorporate it in your new plan. Knowing the right posts that attract engagement and the best times to post these posts will help you build your social media presence going forward.
2. Be Specific As To What Your Social Media Marketing Goals Are For A Specific Period
The next thing that you must do is to note down your social media marketing goals are and be sure to be as specific as possible. It is important to note this down to make sure you don’t lose focus as the year runs.
In setting your strategy goals, you need to obey the S.M.A.R.T rule. What this simply means is that your goals must be:
So for instance, if you have a goal of generating leads, what metrics should you track and what are the measures of success?
- Number of leads – Specify how many leads are you aiming to collect, and how this number breaks down across the different social media platforms.
- Content metrics – Track metrics based on content type, designs, images, ad campaigns, etc., to understand what content is performing the best.
- In-depth data – Dig down to determine the long-term impact your social goals are having on your business. Analyze which social channels, campaigns, content, and other elements are driving leads that then convert into paying and returning customers. This data can then be used to prove ROI.
3. Create Audience Personas
Irrespective of what your brand or business is, it important that you understand that your social media audience is going to be broken down into subgroups. You need to find what these subgroups are and what part of social media they spend time on the most.
For each audience subgroup, take the next step of creating a persona, helping to clearly define who your followers are.
The insights gleaned from your audience personas should be used to tailor your social media marketing strategy and help you to develop clear strategies to ensure you engage with all target audiences on social media.
Working with the right digital marketing agency is the best way to ensure that your business is up to date with all digital marketing trends. Call us today to start creating a winning social media strategy together!