Network Support Engineer
Network Support Engineer required to join a North London IT company that provides networking services for small and medium size companies within the UK and mainland Europe, providing day to day support, systems installation and consultancy services.
The position is for a 2nd/3rd line support and installation engineer. You will be responsible for system support and roll-out for clients.
You will also be responsible for providing support to 1st line engineers, working with other 2nd/3rd level engineers as well as managing key client accounts from a technical perspective. The role also requires direct support to end users, so you must have experience dealing directly with customers and excellent spoken English.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with 3-4 years’ experience in IT systems.
Key Skills and Experience
Windows Server 2008 / 2012. Experience installing and supporting single and multi-server sites. MSCE or MCITP qualification highly desirable, or at least in process of achieving this.
- Office 365 / Microsoft Exchange 2007 / 2010. Experience installing, supporting and migrating.
- Microsoft SQL Server. Experience installing, supporting and migrating.
- Active Directory and Group Policy. Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting.
- Router and firewall installation and configuration. Extensive experience in installation and configuration including NAT and VPN.
- Good working knowledge of DNS.
- Knowledge of current backup technologies, especially BackupExec and cloud solutions.
- Basic knowledge of IIS. Experience configuring for Microsoft Exchange Active Sync and digital certificate installations.
- Network trouble shooting, investigating connectivity issues, patching and cabling problems.
- 1st Line Support experience. Experienced in providing direct customer support for desktop versions of Windows and Office Suites and computer and peripheral setup and installation.
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Experience with Sophos security products.
- Windows Small Business Server experience.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies and SANs.
- Experience with supporting and managing Office 365 mailboxes with PowerShell.
- Valid UK Driving License
The position is Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm although as a 2nd / 3rd line engineer you will understand the requirement to be able to work flexibly.
Xanda operate out of our North London offices very close to East Finchley tube station on the Northern Line.
Negotiable considering skills and experience.